- Founder of The Gender Equality Charter (Feb 2018):
- Social Media campaign launched (2000+ Twitter since Feb 2018)
- Launched two books/writing campaigns – #GECBestBooks and #GECBestBooksNotWritten in partnership with KnightsOf, publishers.
- NEW Website
- Interviewed by The EdTech Podcast (Feb 2018)
- Innovate My School, The History Of EdTech: Then and Now
- NEWS: Established GECFutures – launching September 2018 – to shine a light on women in digital futures (women and girls)
- Three members of GEC interviewed in The Guardian (Aug 29th)
- Speaking at The EdTech Podcast Festival (22nd Sept)
- UK Edtech and Digital Leader:
- First article in the TES Teaching-a-female-dominated-profession-so-why-female-voice-missing?
- Awarded as part of the UK Edtech50 (2018)
- Awarded Microsoft Innovator Education Expert 2018-19 (August 2018)
- Given unconditional place at Bournemouth University to start Doctorate (research into the gender and digital equality in the UK – starting Autumn 2018)
- Writer for ViewSonic – as UK digital tech representative
- Digital Education Specialist and Project Lead for Achievement for All:
- Roles include Project Lead for new UK-first research project (schools based and exploring impact of software on Primary aged reading comprehension) and charity partnership work as Subject Expert on digital technology and early years. The creation of digital and online CPD materials for national coaches and schools (early years to post-16 settings)
- Role includes also researching, writing copy and web content/ development of interactive materials for Achievement Coaches and schools, including:
- Co-Author of Online Learning Course Microsoft MEC module on ‘Inclusive Digital Literacy’.
- Online Learning Specialist and Lead Educator for Future Learn (Open University MOOC) module on Anti-Bullying
- Author of interactive case studies for schools and charity for Mayor of London project
- Range of digital CPD materials for modules for Early Years, LiFT, Growth Mindset, Online and Offline Safeguarding (for Coaches and Schools)
- QA for Pupil Premium Practice Review Coaches and South of England School Improvement ‘Achievement Coach‘
- Co-Founder and Creative Director of TechnoTeachers (with Dr. Julie M. Wood) of TechnoTeachers, a Global Edtech Consultancy. Nicole is based in Europe and Julie lives in the USA. Together they work with clients around the globe, although they have not met in person. Yet. Both take on individual and joint projects, sharing their expertise and learning as they go. For more information about the TechnoTeachers, and our clients, please visit the website. Recent work includes:
- Speaker at UK The Bett Show (Futures Area, Primary School Apps)
- Co-authored articles include History of WomenEd in USA and UK (Innovate My School Feb 2018) and see here
- Top Contributor to both Digital Learning and Parental Engagement chapters for the new Innovate My School Guide for 2016/17 (whilst being a new mummy to twins!)
- Edtech Advocate for #theMTPTProject
- Secondary eCadet Officer for the award-winning school eSafety scheme
- Copywriting/editing new family-friendly materials on Advertising and Social Media for MediaSmart
- External Subject Advisor for OCR Exam board (GCSE and A Level) Media and Film Studies (creating fact sheets and resources for teacher training and lesson materials)
- Top Contributor for a range of educational news outlets: The Guardian and Innovate My School, ViewSonic (Lead Educator – USA) and Agony Aunt/ Contributor to entire publication family of TeachWire (TeachEarly, TeachPrimary and TeachSecondary)
- Microsoft Innovator Educator Expert and Microsoft Spotlight November 2017
- Awarded status as Apple Teacher (2017)
- Online Learning Specialist for educational and professional body charities/ not-for-profits, and educational/edtech bodies/sites
- Editing and copywriting editorial content both online and offline, discussion pieces, academic articles, training/information guides for schools and families, Quality Assurance for national bodies (reportage and resources)
- Consultancy and Coaching for private clients, schools and school clusters/ MATs, regional, national and international bodies/levels, online/offline and currently in terms of school improvement for an international charity, in Early Years, Primary and Secondary UK schools across the UK.
Examples of Clients and Partnerships –
I was thrilled to be part of the award-winning eCadets as an eCadet Officer. I am working with the co-founders to create secondary school resources for their ‘Senior eCadets’ and a range of supportive materials for their eCadet Parents ( using our TechnoTeachers experience and consultancy). They made me part of their team and I could not have been happier! They wanted an accreditation for their eSafety work and a new curriculum to cater for all types of learning environment for young people aged 11-18. It was a huge role. As a result of this, I am a qualified Arts Award Assessor for Level 1-3 courses (Bronze, Silver and Gold – the latter equating to UCAS points) as I needed to become an assessor to write a new curriculum from scratch. The outcome was that the Senior eCadets get both eSafety training and an accreditation for their hard work. It focused upon units and activities focusing upon cyberbullying, digital citizenship, digital footprints and digital employability. This was made available to schools from September 2015 (before maternity leave) as part of the scheme to schools.
My freelance role went from zero to full on when I started working with Edusites. Originally providing GCSE and ALevel resources across the English and Media Studies sites, I then asked if I could set up a site for teachers of Film Studies. BOOM. This was rewarded with being asked to be the Editor of FilmEdu (an online site for teachers of Film Studies – which I set up from scratch, planning, writing content and then managed team of writers). I was also Subject Expert for MediaEdu (writing/managing online PR = social media, working with clients and writing marketing materials for the Director), provided both GCSE and A Level classroom resources for EnglishEdu, led the iTraining section for teacher CPD and the EduSites Blog Editor. As part of the Edusites Consultancy Team, I have led workshops for secondary schools across the South of England and provided 1:1 assistance for clients.
I am now working as a copywriter for a number of clients. This work includes helping organisations engage with either schools/ teachers or parents. Before I went on maternity leave with the twins, I worked with Media Smart . They are a media literacy organisation, that are funded by the UK advertising industry and supported by both the UK and EU governments who do incredible work on everything from advertising in social media to a huge body image for boys.
I edited/provided additional copy for their guide for parents regarding Advertising and Social Media. You can download it here.