Nicole is able to work with you – without actually meeting you! Many of her clients approach her via her social media services and email. The way she works with clients is called eCoaching.
What Is eCoaching?
- A series of workshops and support sessions, using a combined on-site and off-site/online learning model. Specialty topics include:
- Sharing hard-won, first-hand strategies for integrating media into your curricula
- Setting up a fool-proof one year plan for dynamic teaching with technology
- Using digital media to promote literacy development (from emergent readers up to adolescents)
- Using movies/ moving image as an art form in the classroom
- Meeting the needs of educators at all points on the EdTech continuum
- Creating teacher leaders to help you realise (Nicole)/ realize (Julie) your TechnoTeaching goals
- Connecting with other TechnoTeachers around the world (making the most of social media, webcams and email)
- A one off sessions with an eCoach (Nic or Jules), either by email or using ‘Face time’ support
- A TechnoTeaching planning session, followed by targeted workshops and coaching conversations to support you as you work toward your goals.
As you can see, eCoaching is regular educational coaching delivered through the digital medium. Our aim as eCoaches is to facilitate your growth and potential through encouragement and support. We will also share research-based strategies (plus tricks of the trade) 24/7. We are not therapists, but we are able to listen offer a wealth of experience (decades in fact!) as educators and work with you at your own speed”.
As part of working with TechnoTeachers, you can either work just with Nicole or with both Nicole and Julie. This means you can have a relationship with consultants based in Europe and the USA. Nicole says, “We are trained coaches and mentors, recognised internationally as educators who can offer bespoke support to help you to achieve your goals. By focusing on the present and future, we can help you get unstuck from the past, and create a new path ahead. We can help you as you hone your TechnoTeaching skills for today’s world”.
How can Nic and Jules eCoach you?
Our aim is to help you goal set and goal get. If you want an answer to a rookie teaching question or some time with Nicole and Julie to work out your next steps, just drop us a line (either on the social media sites, or by posting to this blog). We will listen to your needs and create a personalised programme of support.
We can collaborate with you to create a series of coaching sessions. We know how hard it can be to feel supported, and to not always know where to turn. That’s why we are convinced that eCoaching works for teachers. You can log on and we will be there (in a helpful rather than scary way!).
Nic mainly works in the UK and Jules in the USA, but we are happy to travel – virtually or in reality. For example, Jules has just been invited to be the keynote speaker at the upcoming International Preschool Education Conference (IPEC) 2014 in Beijing, China. The theme this year is “Educating the Future; Educating For the Future,” based upon Innovative Development in Chinese and Western Preschool Education. She is also doing a satellite TV tour for her new series of books, published by Harper Collins. Nicole is currently writing and consulting remotely with an international educational charity (Achievement for All), creating and reviewing original training resources to support their Achievement Coaches and School Champions.
Getting Started with eCoaching
It might be that you have an unruly class or just need help with a management issue. Perhaps you want to raise the standards of lesson intentions across your cluster of schools this academic year. You may have an action plan for school improvement, but would appreciate having external assistance to focus on literacy and/or high quality teaching. There is no goal too small. If we can help you, we will. And we promise to be fair with our fees.
So. Please ask away. TechnoTeachers are ready to help you in any way we can…For more information, please ping a message to Nicole via this site or directly to email@example.com today! We look forward to hearing from you.